Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chicken in a Hut



I first heard of this from my neighbor Heidi. I believe one of our other neighbors - Kitty - made this for her when she had surgery. I looked in a few of my cookbooks, thinking I had seen it somewhere and sure enough it is in In Order To Serve - Christ Church Cooks II. I began to look around on the internet and saw another recipe on Group Recipes (Chicken in a Crescent) that I ended up liking better. But Chicken in a Hut is the perfect name. These freeze nicely and kids (not mine) love them!
Chicken in a Hut
2 packages crescent rolls
about 4 to 6 oz cream cheese (depends on how much chicken you use)
shredded cooked chicken - I cook one pack and shred in food processor
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 TBSP milk
Chopped chives or onion
seasoned breadcrumbs

Preheat to 350
In a bowl blend cream cheese and 2 TBSP melted butter until smooth.
Add chicken, salt,pepper, milk and onion, set aside.
Seperate dough into 4 squares - seal edges together.
Spoon 1/2 cup mixture into center of each. Bring up corners and twist to seal.
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs.
Bake on foil covered baking sheet. 20 to 25 minutes.
Freezes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment