Saturday, April 24, 2010

Grilled Chicken And Mustard Dill Sauce



Are you thinking about grilling this weekend? Well if you are, you need to try this chicken. It is wonderful! The sauce is great too. But if your like my husband... you don't even need it! I served this when my in-laws were in town with the Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and some Near East Toasted Pine Nut Couscous. Perfect Meal. I had to post this because my friend Kim gave me the recipe and I have already misplaced it once.
Grilled Chicken
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2/3 to 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - I used 3/4 because I was cooking 6 chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
4 chicken breast - I used 6!
Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in enough oil to make a smooth dressing with balanced taste. Stir in garlic and shallots. Place chicken in ziploc and pour marinade over, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Sauce:
1/2 cup coarse grained mustard
1 TBSP water
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tsp sugar
1/2 cup fresh dill
Combine all sauce ingredients well and season with pepper. Sauce may be made one day ahead and kept chilled and covered. Let sauce come to room temp before serving. You may want to combine in a food processor- all but dill.


1 comment:

  1. Don't give me credit - this recipe is Debbie Elliott's!!! We do this one ALL summer and love it every time! (:

    ReplyDelete