Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole



This casserole was highlighted on Tasty Kitchen. We love chicken noodle soup so I knew I needed to try it. As soon as I had assembled the casserole I went to the computer to type it up. It looked and smelled so yummy I was certain it would become a favorite!
Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole
4 chicken breasts
12 oz spaghetti noodles
1 whole onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
splash milk ( I added this to the recipe)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/2 TBSP dried thyme - the original recipe called for dried parsley - I used what i had
Crushed ritz crackers

Boil chicken for 20 minutes and shred.
Saute vegetables and garlic in butter until softened.
Combine soups, sour cream, chicken, and vegetables in large bowl.
Add seasonings.
Cook pasta, drain and add to bowl to combine. ( I broke pasta in 2 inch pieces before cooking to make combining the ingredients easier.)
Add milk if needed.
Transfer to greased 9 x 13 baking dish. I used two 8 x 8 pans and froze one.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with crackers and bake 5 to 10 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment