Saturday, May 29, 2010

Waffles Anyone?



My son has been talking about making waffles since Mother's Day. We went to brunch at Brick Tops and he ordered waffles. As he declared, "these are the best!" So Friday morning he would not give the " make waffles mommy" a rest. So off to the computer to find a quick and easy recipe. My first stop was Cooks Illustrated but their recipe called for buttermilk powder, and having buttermilk in my fridge but having no buttermilk powder in the baking cabinet, i had to move on. My search ended at allrecipes.com. Here they are.
Waffles I
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 TBSP sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.
Spray waffle iron with non stick cooking spray. Pour about a cup of mix onto how waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment